15 Pointed Questions to Ask Before You Choose Your Insurance Agent
Choosing the Right Insurance Agent
- Does the insurance agent understand the unique requirements of my business? How many businesses like mine does he/she insure?
- What experience does the staff have? How do I know if they are up to date with all the new coverage and hazards I face? Does the staff train more than the State requires? Does the agency personnel have advanced insurance designations?
- Does the agent use only “A” or better rated companies?
- What backup can I count on when my personal agent and his/her staff are out of the office for even one day?
- What does the agent do to make sure I’m properly covered?
- Our rapid growth creates the concern we may pick up a new property or risk and not be properly covered. How can the agent ensure that future exposures are properly covered?
- What happens when I have a claim?
- Are payment terms convenient to how I do business?
- So I save time and have one responsible insurance person, does the agent/agency have the expertise to service all my insurance needs and answer all my insurance questions?
- What extra services can I expect from the agent? Is there a charge?
- What are my rewards for loyalty?
- How easy and hassle-free is it to work with the agent? How many “handoffs” will I get when I call the agent’s office?
- If I want or need additional coverage, how long will it take the agent to respond?
- Will the agent provide my cost breakdown per location or department if I need it?
- How can the agent assist me in training my staff to control losses?
Do your answers suit the way you like to do business?
To learn more about the Insurance Programs provided by The Van Wagner Group, or to apply online, please click the following links: