Individual Professional Liability
Covers professional services up to $1 million per incident, with a $3 million annual aggregate*. The policy is based on an Occurrence Form. This means that you are insured for life, even if you change employers, professions, or stop working, as long as the covered incidents occur while the policy is in effect.
*Can be extended up to $2 million per incident, $4 million aggregate if required by contract.
- Professional Liability (Malpractice): Up to $1 million per incident, with a $3 million annual aggregate.* The policy is based on an occurrence form. This means that you are insured for life, even if you change employers, switch professions or stop working, as long as the covered incidents occur while the policy is in effect.
- General Liability (Negligence): Up to $1 million per incident, with a $3 million annual aggregate for bodily injury or property damage, which occurred while you were rendering professional services.*
- Defendant’s Reimbursements: Up to $500 per day or $10,000 per lawsuit for time and expenses associated with your attendance at a trial or arbitration hearing. The suit or proceedings must result from an injury covered by the policy. Includes defense costs for sex abuse up to $100,000.
- Licensing Board Investigations: Up to $5,000 per incident, with a $10,000 yearly aggregate for civil investigations and/or licensing board disciplinary proceedings arising from the rendering of professional services.
- Defense Costs: Includes legal fees and court costs involving claims or allegations covered by the policy, which will be paid on your behalf at no additional cost. Legal fees and defense costs involving claims alleging undue familiarity with patients may be subject to a maximum $100,000 defense cap. The policy does not cover judgments or amounts paid in settlement of such undue familiarity claims.
- Medical Expenses: Up to $2,000 per person, with a $100,000 aggregate for three years after the accident, for necessary medical expenses caused by bodily injury, which occurred while you were providing professional services.
- First Aid: Up to $2,500 aggregate of incurred expenses for first aid to others for an injury covered by the policy. The first aid must be given within 48 hours of the injury.
- Damage to Property of Others: Up to $500 per occurrence, with a $5,000 aggregate for damage you cause to others’ property while it is in your care.